On Wed, 19 Aug 2020 21:45:50 +0800, Xi Ruoyao via lfs-dev
<lfs-dev@lists.linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

>On 2020-08-19 13:55 +0100, Roger via lfs-dev wrote:
>> The "make install" of python in chapter 7 doesn't complete; my
>> scripts finished rather abruptly at this point. Has this been
>> noticed by anybody else?
>>
>> The problem is zlib is missing. I decided to change chapter 7
>> to include zlib. I now do:
>>
>>  7.7 libstdc++
>>      zlib
>>  7.8 gettext
>
>It shouldn't happen.  Python building system will skip to build zlib module if
>zlib is not found.

My scripts always check that "make install" returns without an
error. I'm sure if I let that through the build would complete
with any problem, it's just that I prefer not to make an
exception for this situation. Thanks for your reply.
--
Roger