In the section 8.3, after compiling the kernel, when I give the make
modules_install command, I get the following:
root:/sources/linux-2.6.8.1#make modules_install
/bin/sh: /sbin/depmod: No such file or directory
Warning: you may need to install module-init-tools
See http://www.codemonkey.org.uk/docs/post-halloween-2.6.txt
  INSTALL drivers/base/firmware_class.ko
  INSTALL drivers/char/agp/intel-mch-agp.ko
  INSTALL drivers/net/dummy.ko
  INSTALL drivers/net/s2io.ko
  INSTALL drivers/scsi/dpt_i2o.ko
  INSTALL drivers/scsi/ipr.ko
  INSTALL drivers/scsi/sata_sis.ko
  INSTALL drivers/scsi/sata_sx4.ko
  INSTALL drivers/usb/input/touchkitusb.ko
  INSTALL drivers/usb/misc/cytherm.ko
  INSTALL drivers/usb/misc/phidgetservo.ko
  INSTALL lib/libcrc32c.ko
  INSTALL net/ipv4/netfilter/ipt_NOTRACK.ko
  INSTALL net/ipv4/netfilter/iptable_raw.ko
if [ -r System.map ]; then /sbin/depmod -ae -F System.map  2.6.8.1; fi
/bin/sh: /sbin/depmod: No such file or directory
make: *** [_modinst_post] Error 127

Is this  a serious error? How should I resolve this? If I ignore and
get past to copying the kernel image and proceed further, will my lfs
system work properly?

Regards,
Senthil

The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of. -- Blaise Pascal