Gerard Beekmans wrote:
steve crosby wrote:

Another option is to apply the FC2\3 workaround permanently - change
the book instructions to download, compile and use e2fsprogs from LFS
to create the LFS partition always, and never use the host tools.

Although that would work for all e2fs problems, I can forsee other FC
related tool issues, so might not be as useful as it could be.

However, at least it would be documented. That's more than we can say right now. It might miss other issues and those should simply be added as they are discovered.

Err, I thought this particular issue was already covered adequately by the "Note" box at http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/6.1/chapter02/creatingfilesystem.html.

Matt.