First of all, thank you very much for answering my mail...

the problem i am having is during chapter 6, i'ved just put the information about ch.5, cause i thought it might help... i'm running Fedora Core 3 as my host system, and my processor is Pentium Mobile 740 1.73 Ghz (laptop) (i don't know if this helps...), i'ved check the services and the ntpd is not runing... and the message is always about tst-clock2.out... I realy don't know what to do, i though installing another release of linux (maybe RedHat...) but i don't know if that changes anything, or if the problem is regarding my hardware...

I would apreciate any help you could give me...

From: "Dan Nicholson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "LFS Support List" <lfs-support@linuxfromscratch.org>
Subject: Re: Need Help...
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 06:28:37 -0800

On 3/7/06, Nelson Mota <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm a new user to LFS (6.1.1), and i am having a little problem in chapter
> 6.1, while compiling Glibc 2.3.4, i can compile the package sucessfuly,
> but when i try to run the test suite i got the following errors with:
>
> make[2]: [/sources/glibc-build/posix/annexc.out] Error 1 (ignored)
> make[2]: *** [/sources/glibc-build/nptl/tst-clock2.out] Error 1

OK, you got two errors.  The first one always (for most people)
occurs, and make tells you that it's ignoring the Error.  The second
one is more troublesome, but something I've gotten before.

Are you running Network Time Protocol (NTP) on your host?  I found
that some of the glibc timing tests failed if I was running NTP on the
host.  Turning it off gave cleaner and more consistent results.

> also in chapter 5.4, while running the test suite for glibc 3.4.3 - Pass 1 i
> got the following errors:

<snip the same errors>

I think you confused yourself and meant to say GCC-3.4.3 because you
listed the same glibc-2.3.4 errors.

One thing I'll repeat that's in the book is that running the tests in
Ch. 5 are not going to help much.  In your case, glibc is more than
functional enough to bootstrap Ch. 6.  In Ch. 6, where your building
the final programs that wll be on your system, the testsuites are much
more important.

--
Dan