On 3/22/06, Richard Melville <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> readelf -l /tools/bin/gcc | grep 'ld-linux'
>
> The output is /lib/ld-linux.so.2 rather than /tools/lib/ld-linux.so.2.
> Is this the problem, and if so how could it have happened?

Richard,

Please try to reply to the previous email.  Each time you write an
email, a new thread is started.  I see that you're using Thunderbird.
It shouldn't have a problem with this.  Now, back to the show...

And there's the problem.  My guess is that the first specfile
adjustment didn't go correctly, although, I'm not sure how the sanity
check in Ch. 5 would have passed in this case.

Regardless, it's hard to tell at what point this happened.  At the
minimum, you will have to rebuild gcc so it will at least use the
correct dynamic linker.  From the output of the sanity check, it
appears that the gcc you were using was building binaries with the
correct dynamic linker.  It may be as simple as redoing gcc-pass2, but
I can't guarantee anything because we don't really know at what point
this went wrong.

Try to redo gcc-pass2.  If those are the only binaries using the host
dynamic linker, you should be able to move forward.

--
Dan