Richard Caldwell wrote:
> Hi,
>     having the following problem that I dont undertsand?
>
> System:
> using LFS LiveCD 6.0
> Dell optiplex P3 with 64mb RAM
>
> When I try to run
> sed -i 's@ /tools/lib/ld-linux.so.2@ /lib/[EMAIL PROTECTED]' \ $(gcc
> --print-file specs)
> I get the error
> sed: can't read /tools/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.1/specs: No such file or
> directory
>
> I ignored the previous command
> make -C ld INSTALL=/tools/bin/install install
> as instructed by the book as I had accidentally deleted binutils source and
> build directories, also, I used the command above instead of the one in the
> book:
> sed -i 's@ /tools/lib/ld-linux.so.2@ /lib/[EMAIL PROTECTED]' \ `gcc
> --print-file specs`
> because I can't find the accent-grave on my keyboard
> Can anyone advise me please?
>
> RC

Hi,

First off, you don't say what version of LFS are you are trying to build.
Second - your host linux seems a bit old - Why don't you use the latest
LFS live CD rather than 6.0?

Thirdly, you can cut & paste between ttys using GPM (the mouse driver
which is installed and running on the live CD). Just do ALT-F1, ALT-F2
etc to switch between multiple login screens; you can have a lynx or
(links) page open with the book in one, and then cut and paste to your
other screen the commands you need.

The backtick on my keyboard (A UK kbd) is the leftmost key on the top
row. It shares itself "`" with "¬" (shifted) and "¦" (ALT Gr)

I hope these suggestions help a bit and if I am teaching you to suck
eggs please ignore ;-)

Cheers

Al