Clyde Reed wrote:
> My host system is Fedora(version 5, I believe-how would I check?),
I have not used Fedora 5, but my Debian box says its version in
/etc/debian_version, maybe there is a similar file in Fedora.
> What am I missing--what do I need to do to make the configuration work?

I can not figure what is going wrong. But maybe you can create the file
conftest.c manually with

#include "confdefs.h"

main(){return(0);}

Then try to compile it with/without "-B" option, and paste out the
output to the list.

> By the way, do I need to run make clean at this point?  I'm assuming I
> haven't gotten far enough to have compiled anything yet.

No. We have not touched make so far.

--
Xu, Benda (续本达)

Fundamental Science of Mathematics and Physics,
Tsinghua University, Beijing, P.R.China

http://learn.tsinghua.edu.cn:8080/2005012177/index.html
http://166.111.26.3/MyWiki/heroxbd