On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 10:28:37AM -0500, Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> Jeremy Henty wrote:
> >
> > Does VGA=...  work on anything  except lilo?  I could never get it
> > to work under grub and every solution I Googled was lilo-specific.
>
> Works great in grub:
>
> title Some Distro
>       root (hdx,x)
>       kernel /path/to/kernel vga=xxx

Hmm, so it does!!!  I'm sure  I remember trying to pass vga=xxx to the
kernel command line while booting and it failing.  Maybe I was messing
something up.

Unfortunately,   vga=xxx  seems  to   be  incompatible   with  setting
FONT=... in /etc/sysconfig/console !  The console spungs back into the
default VGA mode  during the SysV scripts.  And if  I *don't* set FONT
then I  get a font where the  pound sign has morphed  into an accented
'u'.   Is  my hybrid  system  (LFS 6.1.1  +  kernel  2.6.24 +  console
bootscript from LFS 6.3 + vga=1) incapable of getting this right?

Jeremy Henty