On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 01:05:41PM -0500, jasin wrote:
> Jeremy Henty wrote:
> >
> > Unfortunately,  vga=xxx  seems  to  be incompatible  with  setting
> > FONT=... in /etc/sysconfig/console !  The console spungs back into
> > the default  VGA mode during the  SysV scripts.  And  if I *don't*
> > set FONT then  I get a font where the pound  sign has morphed into
> > an accented 'u'.  Is my hybrid system (LFS 6.1.1 + kernel 2.6.24 +
> > console bootscript from LFS 6.3 + vga=1) incapable of getting this
> > right?
>
> http://wiki.antlinux.com/pmwiki.php?n=HowTos.VgaModes

Thanks for  the link,  but it doesn't  address my current  problem.  I
setting  the VGA  mode OK  at boot  time, but  the  console bootscript
resets it  if I set FONT=...  in /etc/sysconfig/console !   If I don't
set FONT=... then I get the VGA mode, but not the font I want.

Hmm, all  docs seem to  assume you're looking  for a VESA  mode rather
than  one of  the VGA  modes from  the grub  menu.  Maybe  the console
bootscript handles VESA modes better?

Jeremy Henty