Chris Rice wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have just finished installing the boot-loader, but when I try to
> login, It tells me its check mail, then after that I get an error
> "Cannot execute /bin/bash : No such file or directory".  So I restored
> to a snapshot I took just before installing grub and entered "su root"
> and got the same error message.  If I enter "/bin/bash" or "bash", the
> binary appears to execute without a hassle.  After doing much research
> I have come to the conclusion that my /etc/inputrc & /etc/profile
> files are correct and can no longer find any more avenues of help.

Perhaps you should restate your explanation of the problem.  I can't parse what
you are saying.

It sounds like you installed LFS and booted.  You then get the login prompt,
but
can't log in.

If this is the case, then inputrc and profile are probably not the issue.
I have no idea what "I restored to a snapshot" means.  What did you do?

To find out if bash and all it's libraries are present, reboot to the original
host environment, enter chroot, and tell us the output of 'ldd /bin/bash'

   -- Bruce