Hi.

I'm building LFS-6.5 (-svn, actually), and I can't make it boot. I've done
the same in two machines, an old athlon amd and a pentium-iv. Kernel builds
fine in both systems, but none of them can boot. The error is the same, VFS
can't find a valid root system, "please add a valid root option". I'm using
lilo. I've made sure that ext3 is built inside the kernel, and I'm using old
configs from 2.6.26 and 2.6.28. I think both configs are ok, and /etc/fstab
is as the book says. I can't find the mistake. These aren't my first lfs
systems, but I'm lost. I have the feeling that perhaps new versions of the
kernel have something that I'm missing, because I get the same error in such
different systems. I'm sorry I can't provide a log.
Does anybody know what I might be missing?

thanks
Alberto