Alberto Hernando wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I've tried it, and:
>
> root:/boot/grub# grub-setup -r '(hd0,8)'
> No device is specified.
>
> The same. I've also tried several things using slashes and still the same.
> Is there really something wrong with using lilo? I mean, how can I be sure
> that grub will be able to boot a kernel that lilo can't? I'm more used to
> use lilo than grub.

Certainly you can use lilo if you want.  You can also use almost any
distro on a CD and have it install some version of grub.  You can build
the 32-bit version of grub on a 32-bit OS and install that.  It's your
distro.

LFS is about learning and in this case we are learning about grub.

Now that I look at it, I remember a message about problems with
installing grub2 on a partition.  What I think you should be doing is
installing it on the MBR.

Try

   grub-setup -r '(hd0)'

   -- Bruce