2009/12/18 Jonathan Wilkes <jancs...@yahoo.com>:

>          > /sources/glibc-build/libio/tst-fopenloc.check
> /sources/glibc-build/malloc/mtrace
> /sources/glibc-build/libio/tst-fopenloc.mtrace >>
> /sources/glibc-build/libio/tst-fopenloc.check
> /bin/sh: /sources/glibc-build/malloc/mtrace: No such file or directory
> make[2]: *** [/sources/glibc-build/libio/tst-fopenloc.check] Error 127
> make[2]: Target `tests' not remade because of errors.
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/sources/glibc-2.10.1/libio'
> make[1]: *** [libio/tests] Error 2

 On a quick look, all of the "Error 127" seem to be down to a missing
mtrace.  I've had that myself in the past - it is caused by an incorrect
perl install (in my case, my script installed the modules by copying
them, but had an old perl version hardcoded in the directory name -
the detail of your misinstall is probably different).

 First re-read the perl instructions in chapter 5, and see if you
ran all of them.  If you think you did, have a look to see where the
modules went (e.g. look for Dumper.pm).

 When you have some idea *what* went wrong, go back to ch5,
reinstall perl, and check that the modules are in /tools/lib/perl5/5.10.1
(or whatever version you are using)..

After that, come back to chroot, delete the glibc-2.10.1 and
glibc-build directories and repeat.

ĸen
--
After tragedy, and farce, "OMG poneys!"