Johnneylee Rollins wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 12:13 PM, Mike McCarty
> <mike.mcca...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>> Andrew Benton wrote:
>>> On 04/03/10 19:13, Mike McCarty wrote:
>> [...]
>>>>
>>> If you've only got 128M of RAM you'll need a swap partition.
>> I want to use a swap file of about 1G, not a partition. I'd put
>> it in /home.
>
> Not a great idea as to placement of the swap file. Just IMO. I can't
> back it up logically because of a lack of food and sleep.

I want to put it where each bootable version can access it. I don't
want to carve 1G out of each of the partitions, so /home/swap is
a reasonable compromise. Each partition then has /swap as a symbolic
link, to make it easy to find.

If you have a better suggestion, I'm open to it. I don't like a
separate partition, though.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.