I'm really stumped right now and I could use some help.

I've finished compiling the Kernel for my first LFS deployment and I after I
finished rebooting it for the first time, I get a Kernel Panic. Here's what is
looks like:

VFS: Cannot open root device "sda1" or unknown-block(2,0)
Please append a correct "root=" boot option; here are the available partitions:
0b00          1048575 dr0 driver: sr
Kernel Panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(2,0)

>From what I gathered when I googled it, I don't think I selected to enable the
>right drivers. The system it's running on is an IBM x3650 with dual 2.8GHz
>Xeon core 2 quad with VMWare ESX 3.5 installed. The server has 5x250GB SAS
>drives in RAID 5. LFS is running as a VMWare Guest. I don't know if the
>drivers I have to enable are for VMWare or for IBM. Either way, how would I go
>about figuring out which drivers I'm missing and need? Thanks!

Kaleb