Hi guys:

I have a problem here at chapter 6 compiling gcc (6.16. GCC-4.4.3),
after doing everithing else OK, even the "make check" of previous
packages all OK, now trying to compile gcc I get:

checking how to run the C preprocessor... /lib/cpp
configure: error: in `/sources/gcc-build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libgcc':
configure: error: C preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check
See `config.log' for more details.
make[1]: *** [configure-target-libgcc] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/sources/gcc-build'
make: *** [all] Error 2

in fact, there is no /lib/cpp :-S ...I know that the message says that I
have to check "config.log" for more details, I do it, but in my
ignorance I can't find any other useful info about the error on it :-P
..I also re-do, all steps from "Gcc pass 2" and I end up with the same
error...

Need some help, is my 4 LFS system that I'm building (all previous
without any problem) and I have some experience compiling, etc, so I'm
not a complete moron (hopefully), so, please send me any suggestion or
what other info do you need to help me with the issue..

Tanks!

Mauricio

LFS-Book-6.6
Host system: Fedora 12 32bits, kernel 2.6.31.6-166.fc12.i686.PAE
HW: AlienWare M15X, Intel Core i7 820m, 6gb Ram....