On Tue, 2010-05-25 at 15:48 -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> > just to bother, the book mention something about that somewhere?, do I
> > miss something...
>
> 5.2 Important Note #1.
>
>    -- Bruce

Out of curiosity, do you have any idea what proportion of questions on
this list are due to people not reading, or forgetting the contents of
either that note, or the one about where instructions should be run
from.

I can't really see how things can be improved (short of blinking red
text on *every* page), but it does seem like half the problems we deal
with are from people not following it. Are people not even reading that
entire "General Compilation Instructions" page, and skipping straight to
the packages?

Simon.