On 29/11/2011 11:21, David Scott Williams wrote:
> BTW-- now that I have done what the book told me to do,
> CC="gcc" /usr/bin/perl scripts/test-installation.pl
> /sources/glibc-build/
> Your new glibc installation seems to be ok.
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/sources/glibc-2.14.1'
> root:/sources/glibc-build#
>
> :)
> Joy.

Awesome, glad you got it working. In the end no harm done and tons
learned, which is exactly what we aim to provide with the LFS project.
In the end all these seemingly frustrating issues just helped you
accomplish the larger goal. And it helps validate that the book's
instructions remain valid and correct which is always a good peer-review
in a way.

Gerard