I am using Ubuntu 11.10 and LFS 7.0 with all the versions of the packages
that the book is using.

I am currently going through LFS for the first time.  I am compiling glibc
now and have a question about the next step.

Earlier in book 7.0, it says:

After the Glibc installation, change gcc's specs file to point to the new
dynamic linker in /tools/lib. This last
step is vital in ensuring that searching and linking take place only within
the /tools prefix. A hard-wired path to a
dynamic linker is embedded into every Executable and Link Format
(ELF)-shared executable. This can be inspected
by running: readelf -l <name of binary> | grep interpreter. Amending gcc's
specs file ensures
that every program compiled from here through the end of this chapter will
use the new dynamic linker in /tools/
lib.

Is there a step by step process on the commands I need to put in and where
I need to change this specific file?  This seems like a VERY important step
to screw up and ANY help would be greatly appreciated!

If I don't need to do this now, please let me know!

Thanks,

Jim Washko