alex lupu wrote:

> A post should have lines not greater than 79 characters.

Yes, that's good, but many times what you see is due to the mail client.
  Often the client posts in HTML.  For the most compatibility, it's much
better to post in plain text only.  Personally, I don't think there is
ever a need to post something in HTML.  If format is really that
necessary, do it as an attachment.

Usually, I can do Edit -> Rewrap and get a reasonable format, so I tend
to not complain unless the post requires a line-by-line manual reformat.
  That did happen fairly recently.

   -- Bruce