Baho Utot wrote:

> I still think that helping others even if they have failed to follow the
> book is a worthy goal as it shows where the book my be improved.  Who
> knows by some not following the book new things are learned?

I don't have problem with users not following the book.  It's just that
sometimes an attitude comes across and that makes it more difficult to
want to help.

We always suggest a manual build for first time users.  Knowing how it
is supposed to work is really useful before making custom changes.   It
is 'Your distro, your rules.'

IMO, building twice, the first time by the book without
customization/scripts, really will save time in the long run.

   -- Bruce