Paige Thompson wrote:
> - I'm not looking for fewer unusual problems, I want to learn how
> this works and figure out what's going on so I can solve these
> problems on my own.
>
> - I'm not using bleeding edge version of everything, I've gone
> through the trouble to check out the appropriate branches in all
> repositories and if that’s not enough, I've reset to specific commit
> hashes just to be sure.
>
> - I insist on adjusting my versions according to this:
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/development/ if someone else
> can get that to work then I should be able to as well.

I can get it to work.

> - you guys don’t post section 4.4 and 5.2 here ?
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/develohttp://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/development/chapter05/toolchaintechnotes.htmlpment/

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/development/chapter04/settingenvironment.html

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/development/chapter05/toolchaintechnotes.html

I don't understand your comment.

There are many subtle things going on in a complex task like building
LFS.  Sometimes very knowledgeable people have problems because they
make assumptions that are different from what is written.

I suggest that you start over.  Pay close attention to Section vii -
Host System Requirements and then follow the book closely.  It's
perfectly acceptable to deviate from the book, but don't complain if
your changes cause a problem.  Note that we have scripts that extract
the commands directly from the book's sources and build the whole system
(mostly) automatically.  We know that what is in the book works.

The SVN version should work as well as the 7.2 version, but it isn't
tested quite as well.

> - I'm sorry but the only reason I top-posted was to add additional
> information that I thought would be helpful in getting information as
> to what is going on with my toolchain. I also use a thread view email
> client.

We also ask that you delete non-relevant info.  The above is fine, but
90% of your post is/was not relevant to the above.

   -- Bruce