On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 12:35:13PM -0800, Paige Thompson wrote:
> What does an ldd of a tools/bin/as look like for you?

 After pass 1, no idea.  And after pass 2 I would only be able to
tell you after I chrooted - assuming I hadn't deleted /tools which I
normally do soon after the system boots.

 So, perhaps I was mistaken when I said yours shouldn't link to
/usr/lib - that's the trouble with people firing a string of
questions after continuing beyond the first failure - the situation
is muddied by all the reports.  If I was wrong, my apologies, chalk
one up to yourself if you wish to keep score, and feel free to
disregard anything I say ;)

ĸen