Op Sun, 14 Jul 2013 03:08:09 +0200 schreef Erich Schulman (KT4VOL/KTN4CA) <chibito...@gmail.com>:

Unfortunately I have now been stopped dead in my tracks. I used Acronis Disk Director 11 to increase my swap to 6 GB. Instead, it nuked my swap, /home, and /lfs partitions. I may as well go back to the Debian netinstall .iso and start over. I have never had it mess up a Windows partition before.

Use GParted. I never had any problem with it, it shows very clearly which partitions you have and does not let you
overwrite one partition with another (unless you explicitly say so).

By the way: a swap-partition-size of 6 GB is rather big.

Hans.