I'm melding my build script to the current one from this hint.  I've
found a possible syntax error and want to see if my thinking is
correct.  Since I've been monitoring this list closely again, i.e.; the
last three weeks, I've not seen anyone who has had a problem running
this script.  But I think that few people build this way. :)

Here is the line in question:

cd "$HOME/xxxbuild/yyysrc" && srcdir="$(pwd)" || exit 1

This patter occurs a number of times in the script and, therefore, I
think it's important.  For this question the references to what actually
exist are not relevant.  It's only the syntax.  In attempting to
understand what this statement is doing, I've come up with this plain
language interpretation.

"Change to the package build directory IF AND ONLY IF the package source
directory is the same as the current directory OR exit with a status of 1."

In typing this I've also generated a question about the "'s, but it's
the use of the logical operators, which I've capitalized, that has my
attention.  Here's the question:

If <&&> and <||> are logical operators, shouldn't the whole command be
enclosed in double brackets,
[[ command1 && command2 || command3 ]]? The other syntax I know would be
[ command1 -a command2 -o command3 ].

Of course, this is all predicated on the use of <&&> and <||> as logical
operators.  But if they're not, I don't understand the command.

Comments? Answers? Recommendations? Rants?

Thanks,
Dan