On 11/23/2013 03:21 PM, Dan McGhee wrote:

  One of
the conclusions that I have drawn is that GRUB2 in it's current state
will not boot a kernel compiled and installed via LFS.

Nonsense grub2 will boot kernels compiled and install from LFS. I do it
all the time.
Although I am not using UEFI.
I have ONE boot partition and I have Fedora 19, FreeBSD 9.2, LFS built
by the book and LFS built with rpm package manager.
I also have LFS-7.2 that boots from usb drive used to correct "oh sh*t"
problems