Em 25-11-2013 21:44, Alan Feuerbacher escreveu:

> How does someone setting up an LFS system find out the "IP" address? I
> had to look at what Fedora had done to figure this out.

Depends on the router. It can have the address set to 10.0.1.1 as yours,
and somewhere in its configuration there is what is the first IP
allowed, that should be 10.0.1.x, where 1 < x < 255 (1 for the gateway,
255 for broadcast. My router came from factory with 100 being the
smaller number. Later I changed it from 100 to 90 using its browser
configuration interface.

> How does one find out the "GATEWAY" address? A friend who is relatively
> expert set up our router, airport and wireless stuff, and I paid no
> attention to this when it was done a few years ago.

Your friend probably decided that the gateway should be 10.0.1.1.

--
[]s,
Fernando