On Fri, 2013-11-29 at 12:06 -0500, Baho Utot wrote:
> Is it possible to build LFS-7.4 on x86_64 without the /lib64 symlink?

It's possible, but requires a few small patches to glibc and gcc. At the
time I tried it, I based my changes on stuff from Cross-LFS, though
basically, they amounted to search for all references to "lib64" in
those packages, and apply a bit of judgement over whether they needed
changing. The actual changes were to rename lib to lib32, and lib64 to
lib (though without 32-bit libraries installed, I didn't actually have
lib32).

Worked pretty well, though I seem to recall that there were one or two
BLFS packages that were problematic. One was LLVM (which for obvious
reasons, needed similar changes to GCC), the others were things with
non-standard builds that assumed that a 64-bit system would use lib64,
instead of copying what glibc did.

Simon.