On Fri, 2013-11-29 at 19:49 -0500, Baho Utot wrote:
> The following packages are the only ones I have found ( in Chapter 5 )
> that either puts something into or requires /lib64
>
> binutils-pass-1
> gcc-pass-1
> libstdc++
> binutils-pass-2
> gcc-pass-2

By /lib64, you mean /tool/lib64, given we're talking Chapter 5? I think
it's impossible to avoid having some stuff written to that directory in
Chapter 5, because to start with, you're relying on the versions of
gcc/glibc provided by the host.

The trick is to modify those two packages when you build them in
chapters 5 and 6, to ensure they use the directory names you prefer.
Everything else should follow from them, barring a few exceptional cases
from BLFS...

Simon.