Please don't top-post; it makes following the discussion unnecessarily awkward.

> Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 20:01:20 +0530
> From: Oshadha Gunawardena <oshadha.ro...@gmail.com>
> To: LFS Support List <lfs-support@linuxfromscratch.org>
> Subject: Re: [lfs-support] Wrong package installed - how to fix?
>

> I have started the build process but it seems like ended up with errors.
>
> config:-
>
> ../binutils-2.23.2/configure \
> --prefix=/tools \
> --with-sysroot=$LFS \
> --with-lib-path=/tools/lib \
> --target=$LFS_TGT \
> --disable-nls \
> --disable-werror
>
> make:-
>
> config.status: creating po/Makefile.in
> config.status: executing depfiles commands
> config.status: executing libtool commands
> config.status: executing default-1 commands
> config.status: executing bfd_stdint.h commands
> config.status: executing default commands
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/mnt/lfs/sources/binutils-build/bfd/po'
> make[3]: Entering directory `/mnt/lfs/sources/binutils-build/bfd/po'
> make[3]: Nothing to be done for `info'.
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/mnt/lfs/sources/binutils-build/bfd/po'
> make[3]: Entering directory `/mnt/lfs/sources/binutils-build/bfd'
> make[3]: Nothing to be done for `info-am'.
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/mnt/lfs/sources/binutils-build/bfd'
> make[2]: *** [info-recursive] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/mnt/lfs/sources/binutils-build/bfd'
> make[1]: *** [all-bfd] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/lfs/sources/binutils-build'
> make: *** [all] Error 2

For 7.4, folks've hit problems with first-pass binutils cos of often one or
more of:
----
* Not running patch at top of the package's page:

  sed -i -e 's/@colophon/@@colophon/' \
       -e 's/d...@cygnus.com/doc@@cygnus.com/' bfd/doc/bfd.texinfo

  Did you do that ok?

* Not having proper host prereqs: can you post the output of the host-prereqs
  script at:

  http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/7.4/prologue/hostreqs.html

* What user are you issuing the commmands as? Are you using sudo to do so?

----

rgds,
akh