----- Original Message -----

From: "William Harrington" <kb0...@berzerkula.org>
To: "LFS Support List" <lfs-support@lists.linuxfromscratch.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 30, 2014 8:04:13 PM
Subject: Re: [lfs-support] LFS 7.5 klogd issue

On Jul 30, 2014, at 12:12 PM, Michael F. Trombley jr. wrote:

> but When klogd starts, it hangs.
> I have tried reinstalling sysklogd and klogd.

Does your kernel have CONFIG_KALLSYMS enabled?

I ran into issues when I was running kernels with systems which used
RSYSLOG rather than SYSKLOGD and KLOGD and klogd would segfault or
cause other issues without CONFIG_KALLSYMS enabled in the kernel.

Sincerely,

William Harrington
--

I have solved the problem.
I did not have enable dynamic printk() support compiled into the kernel.

The system is now starting Syslogd and Klogd normally and is logging
to the correct /var/log/ files.
Thanks again for your suggestions.
Mike