Joseph Hesse wrote:
On 11/17/2015 12:33 PM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
Joseph Hesse wrote:
On 11/17/2015 08:38 AM, Pierre Labastie wrote:
On 17/11/2015 15:18, Joseph Hesse wrote:
Hello,

In the first "Important" box in section 5.3, the last item is:
/usr/bin/yacc is a symbolic link to bison or a small script that
executes bison.

In my host system I have the file /usr/bin/yacc but it is not a
symbolic link to anything. I also have the file /usr/bin/bison but it
also is not a link to anything. Please advise on how I can fix this.

Isn't the file /usr/bin/yacc a script? (you can use "file
/usr/bin/yacc" to know the nature of the file, and if it is a shell
script, examine what it contains).

When I do file /usr/bin/yacc I get "ELF 64-bit LSB shared object .." I
also have the files /usr/bin/byacc and /usr/bin/byaccj. They are both ELF.
My host system is Fedora 23.

Have you run version-check.sh?  What does it say about yacc?

Here is the output from version-check.sh

bison (GNU Bison) 3.0.4
yacc is

You do have bison. That's good, but there is a problem with yacc. What is the full output of 'yacc --help' or 'yacc --version'? If those don't give anything useful, then what do you get when you type 'yacc' alone on the command line?

In any case what you will need to do (as root) is

rm /usr/bin/yacc
ln -s bison /usr/bin/yacc

or

rm /usr/bin/yacc