prime gonzola wrote:

From: Bruce Dubbs<mailto:bruce.du...@gmail.com> Sent: Monday, September
12, 2016 04:22 To: LFS Support
List<mailto:lfs-support@lists.linuxfromscratch.org> Subject: Re:
[lfs-support] systemd compilation documentation missing a step

prime gonzola wrote:
Hello,

I am using the system version 7.10. After unpacking the sources
system-231, the documentation states you need run configure. That
file does not exist i.e. you need to run autogen.sh first which will
generate the configure file.

The documentation does not mention this step as far as I remember
and see at
http://linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/stable-systemd/chapter06/systemd.html

Did you check the md5sum?

$ md5sum systemd-231.tar.xz 2647855c8f9cdf824953f1091db2d2b2
systemd-231.tar.xz

$ tar -tf systemd-231.tar.xz|grep configure systemd-231/configure
systemd-231/configure.ac

-- Bruce

No I did not and should have, my bad. After backtracking I found that I
downloaded the version from the  mentioned homepage at
http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/ Instead of
downloading it from linuxfromscratch.org. Upgrading from sysv version
to the system version and I did not check.

Sorry for wasting your time on something that obvious and I should have
known better as the sysv manual was perfect. I am very new to the Linux
community so I assumed version numbers are key especially coming from
the official site. Does this mean that someone took the official
version, repacked it for LFS specific?

I'm not sure. I don't do systemd, but I think the upstream version is raw and the package on anduin is repackaged just to include configure.

Douglas, should we be doing that? It would be more consistent to just run autogen.

  -- Bruce