On Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 05:48:45PM -0500, Rob wrote:
> My question is on the grub.cfg syntax so that I can boot windows.
> I guessed it will probably look something like this:
> menuentry "Windows 7" {
> insmod chain
> insmod ntfs
> set root=(hd0,msdos1)
> chainloader +1
> }
> Will that work, or will I need something more complex?

Looking at my backups from the box which ran win7 (the mobo died,
but the config seemed to work until that time), I had

# revised invocation based on gentoo
menuentry 'Windows 7 (loader) (on /dev/sda1)' {
        insmod part_msdos
        insmod ntfs
        insmod chain
        chainloader (hd0,1)+1
}

Mine used DOS partitions, hence the use of part_msdos : I guess that
part could have been in the general parms.  I suspect that what you
have suggested will do the same thing as what I cribbed from gentoo.

ĸen
for them.'     -- Small Gods