I have built an LFS system that I now wish to migrate to my main box.
To do this, I plugged in a USB drive, mounted it to
/root/tmp
, and ran the command:
dd if=/dev/sda1 bs=64K | gzip -c  > tmp/drive.gz
On my main box, I will fire up a live cd, plug in my USB drive and
restore with this command
gunzip -c tmp/drive.gz | dd of=/dev/sda2 bs=64K
The reason it won't be sda1 is because windows is on there.
After doing that, I will chroot into the newly restored system and run
grub-install /dev/sda
And of course, I'll update
/etc/fstab
/etc/hosts
/etc/hostname
and so on to conform to the new system.
My question is on the grub.cfg syntax so that I can boot windows.
I guessed it will probably look something like this:
menuentry "Windows 7" {
insmod chain
insmod ntfs
set root=(hd0,msdos1)
chainloader +1
}
Will that work, or will I need something more complex?