Aaron Bains wrote:
I want to make a live CD based on the LFS 8.0 documentation. I have made
my tool chain (completed chapter 5) and I am starting to build the
packages for the final system.

I don't want to compile any packages inside the actual LiveCD, since I
want my LiveCD to be very lightweight. To add packages to the LiveCD, I
would compile them in my host environment (using my toolchain) and |make
install| to the root of my LiveCD filesystem. I do want to have a very
minimal GUI to run a basic webcam package.

Am I correct that I don't need to install any of the packages in Chapter 6
of the LFS documentation?

No. After Chapter 5 packages will be dependent on /mnt/lfs/tools and your system will not boot. You will not have any networking or way to get packages (e.g. wget, etc).

Except for maybe Linux headers and GlibC because
of packages relying on their libraries, or do I not even need those? I am
under the impression that when I run |make| and |make install| that it
puts all the libraries I need in the directories so I wouldn't need these
packages that LFS is specifying in chapter 6, since I don't intend to
compile packages directly within the LiveCD OS. Please let me know if I am
on the right track here, or if what I am saying is wrong.

You can try it, but I'm highly doubtful for the above reasons.

Have you even built LFS through boot?  It doesn't sound like it.

  -- Bruce