No I don't have all the answers I'm just trying understand the best
approach to a liveCD based system without needing extra compiling tools on
the LiveCD. I was under the impression that once you compile (make) a
package from source with your toolchain that it doesn't require the
toolchain after that. But what it does need are any dependencies from
libraries, which we would need to install before installing the package we
want. It has been said that chapter 6 is building more of the required
packages that we will need for other packages, so in other words just
common dependencies and common compiling tools?

Aaron Bains, CPA, CA