On 03/11/2017 09:17 PM, Pierre Labastie wrote:

On 11/03/2017 21:11, Tim Tassonis wrote:
On 03/11/2017 09:00 PM, Tim Tassonis wrote:
Hi all

I tried to upgrade my lfs machine to kbd 2.0.4 and after a reboot init
reported a failure (rc = 1) and needed a return press to continue.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find the reason for this. I use
the exact console bootscript from LFS-Bootscripts (20150222) and after a
downgrade to kbd 2.0.3, the issue went away again.

My bootscript order is:

ls -1 /etc/rc.d/rcS.d
S00mountvirtfs
S01sysctl
S02modules
S03udev
S04swap
S05checkfs
S06mountfs
S07cleanfs
S08localnet
S09udev_retry
S10console

My /etc/sysconfig/console is:

cat /etc/sysconfig/console
# Begin /etc/sysconfig/console

UNICODE="1"
KEYMAP="qwertz/de_CH-latin1"
LEGACY_CHARSET="iso-8859-1"
FONT="LatGrkCyr-8x16  -m 8859-1"

# End /etc/sysconfig/console

Has somene expierienced similar problems upon upgrade of kbd?

Upon debugging the script further, I found out that the section

      [ -z "$LEGACY_CHARSET" ] ||
         dumpkeys -c "$LEGACY_CHARSET" | loadkeys -u >/dev/null 2>&1 ||
         failed=1

is causing the error: when calling it with my configuration, this
leads to:

dumpkeys -c iso-8859-1 |loadkeys -u
adding map 3 violates explicit keymaps line

This error goes away after a downgrade to 2.0.3

Seen that IIRC. I think nowadays legacy charset and - m switch are not
needed (at least for roman languages). I only have:
UNICODE="1"
KEYMAP="fr-latin9"
FONT="lat0-16"

I'm almost sure UNICODE is the default now, but I have not tested.

Thanks. I'm however not quite sure what to do. I was under the impression that if I (and you apparently, too) load a keymap called

qwertz/de_CH-latin1 or fr-latin9

that they are not in UNICODE and therefore according to chapter 7.6 would need a line

LEGACY_CHARSET="iso-8859-1"
LEGACY_CHARSET="iso-8859-9"

This will then trigger the dumpkeys|loadkeys, which fails. So, I wonder what is wrong:

- Is qwertz/de_CH-latin1 not really encoded in latin1, but in utf-8 and therefore named wrong? (upstream bug)

- Is chapter 7.6 wrong in saying that any non-utf8 keymap has to be converted, by setting LEGACY_CHARSET?

Cheers
Tim