I'm building LFS 8.1 on a Skylake CPU which I'd like to clone to an
older slower Core 2.

I noticed this note about GMP:

"The default settings of GMP produce libraries optimized for the host
processor."

Using the default configure settings in the summary of build options I
see "Host type: skylake-pc-linux-gnu".  I then see gcc is using
"-mtune=skylake" when compiling the GMP library.  Now if I use
configfsf.guess as mentioned in the LFS book, it will build with "Host
type: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu".  So I've made a note to recompile GMP when
I move it to the older system.

Beyond GMP, is anyone aware of other LFS packages which, when using
the default compilation options, could lead to binaries that are
tightly coupled to the host build's processor?  I'd like my build to
be as generic as possible so that it can run on any other x86_64
system.

czep