On Sat, Sep 23, 2017 at 09:00:42PM +0200, Pol Vangheluwe wrote:

> > Op 22 sep. 2017, om 22:27 heeft Pierre Labastie <pierre.labas...@neuf.fr>
> > het volgende geschreven:
> >
> > There are a number of options, which are not in the vanilla book
> > (target_alias, --no-create,...). Do you use a customized version of the
> > book? I guess it is necessary for ppc. I wonder what you have for replacing
> >  the instructions on the gcc page starting with "for file in
> > gcc/config/{linux,i386/linux{,64}}.h". I guess there might be files
> > mentioning ppc in gcc/config, which are not touched by the instructions in
> > the vanilla book. I think the issue is there…
>
> I use the standard book.  The “for” construction of section 5.5.1 was indeed
> one of my suspects, but, as I am not at all familiar with the internals of
> gcc, I didn’t explore this deeper.  I now took a look in gcc/config and there
> are indeed a lot of CPU types mentioned (even m68k and pdp11!) but no ppc.
> My best guess is rs6000.
>
> I remember vaguely that I had the same problem wit LFS-7.2, But I don’t
> remember how I went around it.  The host distribution then was Ubuntu.

http://clfs.org/view/svn/ppc/cross-tools/gcc-static.html suggests
you will need to change gcc/config/rs6000/sysv4.h

For the future, please keep notes on what you had to change ;-)

I admire people who can keep old kit running (my G3 and G4 were
laptops, the batteries died and I think one of them maybe had a
cracked motherboard too, my G5 just became too slow for current
compilers - that was when kernel 3.10 was current), but LFS and
BLFS only care about x86 (and mostly only x86_64, particularly
in BLFS).

ĸen
--
Truth, in front of her huge walk-in wardrobe, selected black leather
boots with stiletto heels for such a barefaced truth.