> Op 23 sep. 2017, om 23:38 heeft Ken Moffat <zarniwh...@ntlworld.com> het
> volgende geschreven:

> http://clfs.org/view/svn/ppc/cross-tools/gcc-static.html suggests
> you will need to change gcc/config/rs6000/sysv4.h

That indeed solved the problem.  I modified
$LFS/jhalfs/lfs-commands/chapter05/035-gcc-pass1

(…)
# for file in gcc/config/{linux,i386/linux{,64}}.h
for file in gcc/config/{linux,i386/linux{,64},rs6000/sysv4}.h
(…)

and removed the marker files 036-linux-headers and 035-gcc-pass1 in $LFS/jhalfs
to restart the build process from 035-gcc-pass1.
The linker problem didn’t pop up anymore after the compilation of glibc.

There is however something strange in the LFS-book:
the “for” construction itself doesn’t look for a sysv4.h file, but the
explanation just below does mention it.

That makes me think that older releases of the book had a more extended “for”
construction.
What also could explain why this problem didn’t pop up during my earlier LFS
builds on PowerPC.

Anyway, thanks for the hint!

pvg