For the last three BLFS versions, I have noticed a single failure in the check
tests for sudo. The test that fails is testsudoers/test3.

I have now discovered that this failure only occurs if the tests are carried
out by root in chroot. For an unprivileged user, all tests pass.

Because of the usefulness of sudo in installing packages, it often gets built
as an appendix to LFS using the chroot environment. If you do this, you can
expect the failure.

--
Hazel