Paul Rogers wrote:
Because of the usefulness of sudo in installing packages, it often gets
built as an appendix to LFS using the chroot environment. If you do
this, you can expect the failure.

I have never built sudo and plan never to do so.  I'm the only one that uses my
computers, so who am I protecting it from?  I use root.  One must be just as
careful when using sudo anyway.  Have I screwed up?  Once or twice since I
built my first LFS in 2004, but that's what backups are for.

Your distro, your rules.

  -- Bruce