On 09/09/2018 05:59 AM, Christian Friedl wrote:
Ths is my third attempt to create a LFS, finally
heeding the sage advice to put it all into repeatable scripts (thank
goodness for that!).

Just a little incident report:

I included a "make check" everywhere even in chapter 5, just to be on
the safe side. Started the scripts and went for a few beers.

* After coming back, I found lots of "No space left on device" warnings in
the logs.

* It would seem that the testsuite for tar (Chapter 5.31: Tar-1.30)
created one gigantic file, aptly named BIGFILE, that ate up my whole lfs
partition (all of 5.3GB that were left at that point).

I will investigate the issue later this week and keep you posted, for
now I just disabled the testsuite, since it's marked optional in the
book and it's only the temp system.

Are you removing the expanded package directories after each package?

tar -xf package.tar.xz
cd package
build instructions
cd ..