Am 2019-03-19 10:31, schrieb Frans de Boer:
On 19-03-19 10:19, Michael Shell wrote:
On Tue, 19 Mar 2019 09:15:25 +0100
thomas <tho...@linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

Renaming /tools to another name will be appropriate to come over this
issue.

Perhaps a more functionally descriptive name would also help in other
ways. After all, the stuff in /tools is for a *temporary* LFS system,
a first stage of the LFS build process.

So, perhaps a dir name such as "lfs_stage1" or "lfs_tmp_toolchain" would
not only avoid the Debian namespace collision, but also would be more
educational, potentially less confusing to the newbie, and functionally
descriptive as well.

  Just my $0.02,

  Mike Shell

I already use for years now the link name 'lfs'. I build script files
and use a common include which contains the current link name. Easy
when I change the link name again, I only have to change it in the
common include file once.

My 0,01 Euro cents ;)

Frans.

Created a ticket to have an eye on that: http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/ticket/4445