Hello,

I am building LFS from version 8.4 and run into issues in actually building
of the LFS System.
For me the Part II that is Preparing the host system seems to have been
completed successfully but the actual construction of LFS is failing.

On trying to execute *make mrproper* from the linux-4.20.12 folder
it gives me the error
/bin/sh: sed: command not found
Makefile:624: arch//Makefile: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target 'arch//Makefile'.  Stop.

In fact other executables like tar, files also cannot be executed.

*Host sys being used is*
Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS

*Version Check output*
Binutils for Ubuntu) 2.30
bison (GNU Bison) 3.0.4
/usr/bin/yacc -> /usr/bin/bison.yacc
bzip2,  Version 1.0.6, 6-Sept-2010.
Coreutils:  8.28
diff (GNU diffutils) 3.6
find (GNU findutils) 4.7.0-git
GNU Awk 4.1.4, API: 1.1 (GNU MPFR 4.0.1, GNU MP 6.1.2)
/usr/bin/awk -> /usr/bin/gawk
gcc (Ubuntu 7.4.0-1ubuntu1~18.04) 7.4.0
g++ (Ubuntu 7.4.0-1ubuntu1~18.04) 7.4.0
(Ubuntu GLIBC 2.27-3ubuntu1) 2.27
grep (GNU grep) 3.1
gzip 1.6
Linux version 5.0.5-050005-generic (kernel@tangerine) (gcc version 8.3.0
(Ubuntu 8.3.0-3ubuntu1)) #201903271212 SMP Wed Mar 27 16:14:07 UTC 2019
m4 (GNU M4) 1.4.18
GNU Make 4.1
Perl version='5.26.1';
Python 3.6.7
sed (GNU sed) 4.4
tar (GNU tar) 1.29
texi2any (GNU texinfo) 6.5
xz (XZ Utils) 5.2.2
g++ compilation OK

The deviation from the book is
- did not delete the individual source folders after installation
- did not compare the installations logs with the ones published on the
site so not certain if the installation of all temporary components did go
through correctly or not.

Am I missing a setting that needs to be done or do I need to re-prepare the
host system and start all over again ?

Regards,
Vineet