On 10/11/19 11:29 AM, Ken Moffat wrote:
On Thu, Oct 10, 2019 at 08:56:19PM -0500, Trent wrote:
Thanks for the well written and informative response.

Being new to this, I was not aware of the config.log.

Looking, it seems to be doing checks for those libraries.

Maybe I am wrong, but I think I see what the problem is even though it does
not explicitly say what it is.

At the top it is showing the build environment is using the host system

hostname = hx1
uname -m = x86_64
uname -r = 4.9.0-11-amd64
uname -s = Linux
uname -v = #1 SMP Debian 4.9.189-3+deb9u1 (2019-09-20)

I am guessing this is incorrect, and the chroot should be using it's own
environment?

No, for this.  You need to distinguish between the environment
passed in variables (in chroot, $PATH is the main one) and the
system in which everything runs.

When you have completed the system and booted it, uname -r and
uname -v will give you different results, but they are looking at
the running kernel.

ĸen

I went back last night and booted the version 8.4 to look. And yes I see it was the same as version 9.

I also compared the config.log from gcc-8.2.0 to gcc-9.2.0. I see something suspect which could be the issue