On 10/11/19 2:22 PM, Ken Moffat wrote:
On Fri, Oct 11, 2019 at 01:32:20PM -0500, Trent wrote:
Here is the error which generated the message which I posted before:

conftest.c:10:10: fatal error: mpc.h: No such file or directory
    10 | #include <mpc.h>
       |          ^~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
configure:5724: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h */
| #define PACKAGE_NAME ""
| #define PACKAGE_TARNAME ""
| #define PACKAGE_VERSION ""
| #define PACKAGE_STRING ""
| #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT ""
| #define PACKAGE_URL ""
| #define LT_OBJDIR ".libs/"
| /* end confdefs.h.  */
| #include <mpc.h>
| int
| main ()
| {
|
|     #if MPC_VERSION < MPC_VERSION_NUM(0,8,0)
|     choke me
|     #endif
|
|   ;
|   return 0;
| }
configure:5749: result: no
configure:5807: error: Building GCC requires GMP 4.2+, MPFR 2.4.0+ and MPC
0.8.0+.
Try the --with-gmp, --with-mpfr and/or --with-mpc options to specify

That is not telling me why it cannot find it, hence why I am here asking for
assistance.

Thanks again!

You are making progress, although it doesn't sound as if you agree.
Before, we knew there was a problem in the gmp-mpc-mpfr area.  Now
we know that mpc is the problem, specifically that configure cannot
find mpc.h.

In 6.19 you should have installed mpc-1.1.0.  My own log from a
successful build shows that mpc installed /usr/include/mpc.h,
/usr/lib/libmpc.* plus docs and info.

Do you have /usr/include/mpc.h in chroot ?

If not, and if you still have your shell's history from that stage,
try cursoring up to see how you configured mpc, and whether you did
run make-install.  If not, use 'find' from outside chroot to look
for those files on /mnt/lfs/ in case the prefix was wrong.

The point of LFS is to learn from our mistakes, but if you get
nowhere with working out what went wrong, try rerunning the 6.19
instructions for mpc and see if the header and library are now
installed.

Alternatively, if you do have /usr/include/mpc.h in chroot then for
the moment I'm at a loss as to why the system is not looking there,
because the SEARCH items in Adjusting the Toolchain (6.10) ought to
check that it is looking at /usr/lib.

ĸen

You are the man, Ken.

Your explanations helped a lot, and taught me something.

What I had been doing is putting what I want doing in a text file, then copying the whole section, then pasting it into the command line all in one go.

It turns out  I had a typo in there, and everything was going by so fast I did not see it, nor even see the typo I had because some of it was successful, and part not. The successful part had pushed up the unsuccessful part so I did not see it had gone bad.

Thank you so much!