I am presently looking at and working on the LFS boot scripts.
They are in my opinion very rough state.

I am going to clean them up and use the following format for all of
the individual scripts that will be used on my systems as follows:

Shebang line:           #!/bin/bash
Comment Title block:    the purpose of the script
Global variables:       defined here
Local variables:        not defined in functions
Source scripts:         all outside scripts sourced here
Functions:              all functions defined here
Mainline:               main body
Cleanup:                any cleanup that needs to be done
Exit:                   script terminates

I will add comments to explain the goal/purpose of the script and also
what each function does. I am going to rewrite some of the scripts so
they will be self sufficient as possible.

I will add ipv6 support using a service file much like ivp4-static.
This should allow ipv6 to be used on both dual stacked systems and
system that are ipv4 or ipv6 only.

I am also going to build to test them before placing them onto my
working servers.

Is there any interest by LFS on doing this or am I just wasting my
time posting here?