On Wednesday, November 16, 2011 06:17:58 PM Alexander V. Lukyanov wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 01:50:10PM +0800, augustin wrote:
> > Basically,  the lftp that is packaged by the Linux distros do not appear
> > to be  linked against libssl and the debug output does not show the
> > certificate details. Yet, it allows for secure connections...
>
> I think it is linked against gnutls library. It should display certificate
> details in the debug output. It does so here.
>
> Please post output of "version" and "open -d https://www.sun.com/";.

Oh, you're right, they use gnutls.
In answer to your request, I attached a patch (lftp_tls_sun.patch) in comment
#3 here:
http://linux.overshoot.tv/ticket/214#comment-328
It shows the difference of output between the two versions of lftp (one with
OpenSSL and one with GnuTLS).

As you can see in the patch, the certificate details is displayed with both
libraries, although in a different format.
But when I log into my remote server, the certificate is only displayed with
OpenSSL and not with GnuTLS (see above issue, comment #2).

Anyway, this is a non-issue. I only need to rectify the documentation on the
wiki.

Thanks,

Augustin.

--